Here are ways to quiet the inner voice telling you “wearing a mask is weird!”:
- Remind yourself you are doing the right thing and maybe it’s your shoes or a weird hair day that’s causing looks from others.
- Pick a mask design to compliment your favorite coat, outfit or where you’re going.
- Know that spreading your contagious germs on people is weirder! They will thank you later.
- Think about other “weird” things we do in public. There was a time that wearing a bike helmet, picking up after your dog or even wearing a seatbelt was weird.
- … But what’s really weird is sneezing all over a stranger.